Monday, May 7, 2007

My last day!

Today is the last day of my teaching block, and it's fun! I gave the kids a catch up period in the morning, and I taught the ones who've finished their work how to make origami hearts. They really enjoyed it~

In the afternoon, we went outside to play~ We had popsicles that Ms.Carson bought, and we just let them run and play on their own. Avallon and Kamryn were trying to get the group's attention, and I saw her doing the "left index finger over lip, right hand up" thing that I always do! I couldn't stop smiling! Then Avallon came over and told me that it didn't work, and asked me how I could get them to stop talking and listen. That's so cute hehe~

When we went back to the classroom, Ms.Carson gave me a pot of flower as a gift from the class. That's so thoughtful of her! She told me to take care of it, and if it dies, that means I don't love them anymore hahhahah~ I gave her a thank you card, and I gave each of the kids a bookmark that I made. I worked on them all weekend! And they seem to love it, 'cause their name's on it~ ^-^

Ms.Carson also gave me a card with a touching message:
"You're done your 1st placement! I've so enjoyed working with you. The kids have grown to care about you and we will all miss seeing you. You will make a wonderful teacher one day!"

No comments: