Saturday, March 10, 2007

The real 100th smile!!

I've been kinda stressed for the last 2 weeks, 'cause there's so much to do. I need to plan for a whole unit of Math & a whole unit for Language integrating with Science for the Grade 1s. I'm teaching for 20 consecutive days starting on April.9, and I need to get the plans (with assessment tools & everything) ready 2 weeks before that. Then I also need to write individual lesson plans for the bigger lessons. And I need to prepare for materials & books & cute stuff to put around the classroom.

And then...I have 2 group assignments. 1 for my Human Rights course, and we're presenting in 2 weeks. My group is great, so I don't wanna let them down. The other is for my Language practicum, where we need to plan for lessons collaboratively & implement them in our classrooms. And of course there's a report component to both assignments.

My practicum prof just e-mailed us 2 days ago to tell us to bring our teaching portfolio so we can share with the class next Wed. @.@ She mentioned it once, but never really went into depth with it. So we have to bring it next class, and it's due in 2 weeks. I was planning to make a website for it but I got carried away with other things, so I haven't even started doing it. So...I'll just stick with the binder format for now.

Oh yeah, and I have to plan a mini music lesson for another course too.

BUT I started putting together my portfolio this morning and I think things will be fine. There are things from the last few years that I can put in there. It really shows how much I have been learning in this program. For the unit plans, I guess I'll be fine...I created a unit overview for Math & e-mailed it to my prof for advise, and she said that it might be a little difficult, so I'll revise it. At least I'd know that I'm on the right track. For the Human Rights group assignment, we've decided on specific things to research for, so it'll be ok. For the Language group assignment, I'll be planning for really fun things to do with the kids, so I'll really enjoy that~

And most important of all...I'll see Yip at 4:30pm today. =P Oh, and...we just bought tickets for Phantom of the Opera last night~ We'll be watching on May.19, his b-day & our 3rd anniversary. =)

No comments: